Friday, September 28, 2012

Joining Weight Watchers

It was a couple of weeks from when I really discovered Weight Watchers, and read what it was all about to when I actually joined.
For the first 2 weeks I tried to do Weight Watchers without actually joining it, in all honesty I didn't really know if it would be worth the money. So I decided to use calculators that I found through a few Google searches in order to figure out what my Daily Point Allowance was and also to figure out what every food's point value was.
It was kind of difficult because I was never really sure if I should trust any of the numbers I got from those non-Weight Watchers calculators since some of them didn't agree with each other (I guess because of the Points program and the PointsPlus programs).. but I  did it anyways for 2 weeks.
Also, I came up with my own excel sheet in order to keep track of my own points -- which was kind of tedious but I worked through it.
Finally, when it came to calculating my Activity Points, I found nothing that described how to do it properly, I didn't want to be working out in vain so that was it!
I decided to suck it up and join Weight Watchers Online and pay the $56.85 for 3 months deal that they're offering right now. And so far, I love it -- I can use it on my iPhone when I'm not at home and they have MANY foods on their database that I can easily add. Also, one of my favorite features has to be the Recipe Builder, you can insert all of the ingredients going into your meal and WW will calculate the amount of points per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment