Friday, September 28, 2012

Finally


I've been debating creating a blog about my path to a healthy / thinner me for a few weeks now but I always told myself why bother since there are so many blogs out there on the topic.
Today I realized that I needed to since I have not encountered any blogs that are about 20somethings that want to be healthy while enjoying their youth.
I graduated college this past May and although I enjoyed every moment of it, I realized that my eating and exercise habits [or lack thereof] were not leading me and my body anywhere that I wanted to be.
During my 4 years I definitely realized that I wasn't eating my best and definitely wasn't setting time aside to exercise. I always blamed it on the fact that I was swamped with schoolwork, and I was, but had I been aware of the things that I am aware now, I would've definitely made some changes here and there to be healthier.

When I had morning classes and didn't want to waste my time waking up early to make a hearty breakfast, I would rely on the quick & cheap bagel [that always came with way too much cream cheese] that I could buy on my way to class. This wound up being the norm on most weekday mornings.
Also, on the days that I had classes all day, there was no part of me that felt like going home and cooking, so the Chinese food or the carb-filled pasta [and meatballs and cheese and sauces] at the Food Court would be dinner.
When my friends and I went out to dinner I guess I also felt the need to enjoy the free bread as much as I could [and who doesn't?].
Don't even get me started on the way we all ate after a night of fun, it would either be straight to the diner for omelettes and bacon or to the bagel place for eggs and bacon.

Although it's only been 4 months since I was doing this, I cannot see myself eating like that and feeling semi-ok with it.
Don't get me wrong, I adore my tasty food and would never give it up but I have come to learn that tasty doesn't have to mean fattening.
Actually, the only reason why I decided to be a healthier me was because I found a 'healthy' recipe  blog, made one of their recipes and I found it to be both filling and tasty.
I figured since I don't know how to cook very many things, why not be healthier while learning?
The next few posts will be on what I've done to help myself started with my weight loss journey (buying a scale, healthier peanut butter, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment